Hi all, I hope you are all having a relaxing Easter weekend and have all received some chocolate!! I have been very lucky on the egg front this year, but I think that is possibly down to the fact that certain members of my family are trying to make up for Mother's Day!!
With the new releases from the Distress range - such gorgeous colours especially cracked pistachio and mermaid lagoon, new Tim Holtz stencils and my mums birthday quickly approaching I decided to see what would happen!!
I stencilled Tims new scribble stencil onto a piece of white card with lagoon and pistachio, these colours go so well together. Once the distress ink was dried and it really does need to be dried (I did give it a helping hand with my heat gun). I then stamped a script stamp over the top and embossed it with white embossing powder. I have to confess it's only recently that I have re-acquainted myself with the joys of heat embossing, having for years used inferior embossing powders and card, it really was hit and miss as to how it would turn out. I now have decent card and Wow embossing powders, they do make such a difference! This was partly down to having more time to experiment and read lol!!
I then took a tag and some distress paints - I used abandoned coral, cracked pistachio, mermaid lagoon, spiced marmalade and pickled raspberry and put them onto my craft mat spritzed them with water swiped my tag through the colours and then spritzed the colours with water again on the tag. I found that as I wanted vivid colours I needed to do this a few times, drying the colours off before re-swooshing the tag thru the paints. Once this was really nice and dry and not before, I next stamped a small prima butterfly onto the tag in Archival black. I then made a mask for the butterfly out of a post-it note and popped this over the top of the butterfly. Once this was in place out came the new typo stencil again from Tim Holtz and put some grunge paste through the stencil and whilst wet I put some wow turquoise embossing powder on and then left it to dry (this bit was really hard as it needed to be completely dry before I could go on). Once the grunge paste was dry I got out the heat gun again to activate the embossing powder. I must confess this tag is Tim's March design, so the full details are on timholtz.com! I have adapted the embellishments to suit my stash. The nib on the butterfly came with the stamp from Prima, and the metal embellishments came from The Artistic Stamper. The frame was made with paper clay and painted with cracked pistachio. The flower was die cut from Tims tissue and inked with the same paints as earlier using the same technique and allowing to dry before scrunching up around a bead.
So here it is