I have been laid up with a bad back over the last couple of weeks, so my crafting has had to come to standstill. It was all caused by a weeks temping - always new going to work was bad for you!! Anyway I digress. Having got really frustrated at not being able to do anything but read at the beginning of the week, I was starting to get itchy fingers, and having read the latest posts on the PaperArtsy challenge and read Anneke De Clerck tag book post, quickly followed by Leandras sprays video, I was off to my craft room. Not wanting to agitate things I decided to do a journal page with a sprayed background that I could then finish off sensibly on the couch!!
So out came the fresco finish paints and my mini mister bottles, I started feeling like an old apothercarie mixing up potions lol!! I added some vanilla and banana to my first bottle - it's quite interesting getting paint into the small top of a mini mister!! (It does call for a very steady hand concentration!)And sprayed my journal page
Next I added some sky
Then some teal
Each time going over with some kitchen roll, and trying really hard to let it dry inbetween colours, I added a bit more of the vanilla and banana mix. Whilst I was waiting for these to dry I got out a spare packet of water brushes. I love using my water brushes, but until this week hadn't tried filling them with a paint and water mix, the same as the sprays! I mixed orchid with Bougainvillea, then did one in Caribbean Sea and one in Banana, I only had three brushes lol!! Picked up a piece of card and some JOFY stamps JOFY 30 & 32 and JOFY 21
First I stamped the grassy bit from JOFY 21 completely along the bottom of the page, then stamped onto card the beehive, cut it out and stuck it on the page.
Next I stamped some flowers from JOFY 32
I coloured the flowers with my waterbrush filled with the orchid an Bougainville and then added some pink inktense pencil around the outline, blending the pencil in with my waterbrush. Coloured the leaves on the grass first with Caribbean and then added some lime green inktense pencil, again blengding with the waterbrush. I coloured the bee hive by just adding a few lines of brown inktense and a waterbrush leaving most of it white. Then added some more flowers and stamped some bees and coloured them in with banana. Stamped some honeycomb from JOFY 30 round the outside edge and coloured the odd bit in. Stamped Bee Happy using the letters from JOFY 21 and this is what it looks like.
As always thanks for popping over to have a look and do let me know what you think. Comments are always welcome
Hi, hope you are all having a good week. Some of you may have noticed that I have a new button down the side of my blog, from The Artisitc Stamper! I was so chuffed and extremely honoured, when Jennie at The Artistic Stamper asked me to join the design team, (insert loud squeal of delight quickly followed by a whoop whoop!!) My first post will go live on The Artisitic Stamper Creative Team blog on Sunday (10th May) but I thought I would give you all a sneaky peak of what to expect. I certainly had fun with this little project and am sure that the forthcoming ones will be too.